Experiance Koparent for free! Write an advert, create reservation and try out the best Booking web aplication Internet can offer in our LIVE Online Demo!
Notice: Demo web site is restarted every hour!
Frontend Demo: click here
Administration Demo: click here
To display all the important parts of your Koparent application in Frontend view, you can use several Linking options provided by initial installation or becoming available when installing Koparent Modules.
Here is a list of available linking options:
Advanced Search Layout - showing advanced search with google map. Google map settings must be enabled to use map search. Select Advert Type, Category and other parameters by which you want this search to function.
Advert Layout - Individual Advert layout. Select a advert id from the dropdown menu.
Category Layout - Layout showing a single category with a preview list of all the Adverts in it
Contact Form Layout - Shows a general contact form for users. Select a user from the dropdown to the right.
Home - Shows Koparent home page with categories.
List of Users Layout - Layout showing all published users.
Logged user page - Shows user page when logged in.
Price List Layout – Shows a price list for all Adverts in selected Koparent Category
Submit advert layout - User must be logged-in before he can submit advert and have permissions to do so. Also you must enable general Submission of Adverts from frontend in Koparent Main Settings.
User Adverts Layout - Shows all adverts owned by a specific user. Select additional parameters.
User Reservations List layout - User must be logged-in before he can view reservations.
Figure 24: Available Menu Items
Figure 25: Menu Examples in Frontend
There are three types of Koparent Users / Customers visiting your site:
2. Registered Users
3. Frontend Advert Owners
There are differences in Permissions and Options they have when using the website as well as managing their User Profile.
Guests are your non-registered users, visiting your site with permissions to view the content, browse Adverts, search Adverts, Print and Create PDF Flyers, Share Adverts and send Adverts to friends (if enabled in Koparent Settings)
Figure 26: Toolbar for Unregistered visitors - Guests
Users Toolbar, for all users in general, needs to be turned on in Koparent Settings - General Settings - Toolbar Settings The Toolbar is on by default, but you can turn it off if necessary.
Back – back button takes you one step backwards in Koparent Toolbar. You can enable or disable this button in Koparent Settings - General Settings - Toolbar Settings
My Account – since this user is not logged in, he will be given the option to Login, Register, ask for Forgotten Username or ask for Forgotten Password
Advert Flyer – Creates PDF Flyer of this Advert. You can also disable this button in Koparent Settings - General Settings - Toolbar Settings. In Koparent Settings - General Settings - PDF Generation Settings you can adjust some options for generating PDF (insert Logo, set phone number and e-mail address, add a disclaimer and similar).
Print – can be turned on and off in Settings also. It prepares a print layout of entire Advert.
Search – opens an Advanced Search options and searches all Adverts located in all Categories of the same Advert Type. Can be turned on or off.
+Share – pops-up a dialogue box with number of Social Network where the user can share this Advert. You need to turn on AddThis Widget in Koparent Settings - Adverts - Advert Tabs Settings and enter a valid Username for AddThis Widget (you need to have an account there first)
Contact Advertiser – pops-up a contact form where your user can contact the owner of this Advert. This can be turned on or off in Settings.
Send to a friend - pops-up a contact form where your user can send this Advert to a friend's email address. This can be turned on or off in Settings.
Save – to use a Save option, the user needs to be registered and logged in. For unregistered users, this button will open a screen where they will be asked to log in or register.
Figure 27: Toolbar for Registered users
Registered Users are your site visitors who created their account through Registration Form or they made our One-step-Registration while making the Reservation.
Registered Users, while viewing an Advert, have new options for managing their account, saved Adverts and their Reservations. They can now view their Reservations, save and view Saved Adverts, edit their Account Details in My Account section and Logout from their account.
Figure 28: Profile Overview for Registered Users
My Account button now contains details about User's Reservations and Saved (Favorite) Adverts.
When clicking on Res.ID link, User gets an overview of his reservation, an option to pay the Advance by PayPal or other available and implemented forms of payment. User can also download Advert or Reservation PDF and see full Reservation Info and calculation.
User Details button allows the User to edit his account details where he can change all the details except an e-mail address.
Koparent system enables Registered users to book Adverts, but Enabled Reservation option needs to be turned on in Koparent Settings - Reservations - Reservation Settings for the entire system in general.
Considering that Reservations are turned ON in General Settings, on the second level, each Advert has an individual option so that User can turn off reservations for each Advert separately.
When turning Reservations ON, this option enables Calendar view in every Advert, but this Calendar can also be hidden, so that users make their Reservations using Date and Time picker only.
Considering that you:
• turned the Reservation ON in Koparent Settings
• didn't disable it for this particular Advert
• didn't turn off Calendar view
... on an Advert main view, all users can see a calendar which shows a current state of your reservations and see which periods are free and which are booked.
In Koparent Settings you can set up the number of months you want to show and adjust it to your design. User can click on the arrows below calendar to navigate and switch to previous and next months.
1. To start making a Reservation, user needs to click on Book It button below Calendar, in Reservation section of the Advert which will direct him to Reservation screen.
2. First, users need to select the period they want to book, selecting the dates directly from a Calendar, or choosing the period using Date Picker. You can set your Calendar view (day, week or month) and your Date picker type (Date picker or Date and Time picker) in Koparent Settings - Reservations - Reservation Settings
3. After choosing the dates, user can choose Additional costs, based on and offered by the Advert Type this Advert belongs to.
Chosen dates and Additional costs are automatically calculated in Reservation Calculator which then shows the Total price and Advance price (if set up).
4. Entering User's Details:
a. If the user is not logged in – he will be offered to Log in using his User name and Password or Register if he doesn't have an account. In that case he will need to provide all the necessary personal information. After finishing the booking, user's account and reservation will be created simultaneously
b. If the user is logged in - all user's details will be automatically listed, where the user can then review them and edit them if necessary. Note that changing this user details when creating a reservation, will also change that user's details in general.
5. When the user clicks on Finish Booking, if all inputs are correct, he will receive a message saying the reservation is Saved and he will see a screen with all the details and calculation.
6. Confirmation e-mails – when the reservation is Finished, the User and the Advert Owner will receive a confirmation e-mails with all the details about the reservation. You can customize your outgoing e-mail in Edit email templates settings.
7. Pending reservation – after the User has created a Reservation, and before the Advert Owner confirms it, the reservation has a Pending status. This is useful, for example, if you, as the Advert Owner, set the percentage of Advanced price which needs to be paid before the reservation can be confirmed. This status will last for the number of days you set in Koparent Settings - Reservations - Reservation Settings. After that period expires, and the Advert Owner did not confirm it, the Reservation will be cancelled automatically. If, in the meantime, User pays the Advance, or other conditions are met, you can change the status of this Reservation to Confirmed. In case the User lets you know that he needs more time to pay the advance, or the sent payment didn't arrive on time, you have a chance to prolong the pending period by clicking on Extend button in Reservation options. When reservation is Pending, it is visible in Advert's calendar and marked as booked. User can also see his Reservation in his My Account section.
8. Confirming the reservation – when the User has paid the advance, or confirmed his Reservation in any other way, you can set this Reservation as Confirmed. It will now be permanently visible on the calendar. When changing status from Pending to Confirmed, User and Advert Owner will receive an email about this change with all the info about the Reservation.
9. Cancelling the reservation – user can cancel his reservation using My Account section and clicking on an x button on the right side of each Reservation.
Frontend Advert Owners are registered users with a permission to submit Adverts from Koparent Frontend.
This option has to be enabled on general level in Koparent Settings - Users - User Settings (Can frontend user submit advert? Yes/No)
On the second level, you can set this permission for every individual user, by cancelling their permission on their User profile.
Considering this option is turned on in Koparent General Settings and was not disabled for this particular User, he will have additional options in his Toolbar where he will now be able to Submit an Advert, view his Reservations (bookings of his own Adverts, or his Reservations on other Adverts) and set up his Date Ranges for setting up the pricing logic.
Figure 29: Toolbar for Frontend Advert Owners
My account button offers an overview of the User's own Adverts and a list of his Saved (Favourite) Adverts from others.
In My Adverts section, Advert Owner can see a list of all of his submitted Adverts, Edit them, Deactivate them or Delete them. Favourite Adverts are added to the list by clicking a Save button while viewing a certain Adver.
Figure 30: Advert Owner Toolbar - My Account
Here Advert Owner can find a list of his Reservations:
1. Reservations on My Adverts – reservations made by Users on his own Adverts. After selecting a reservations, available options are: Extend, Confirm and Cancel
2. My Reservations – reservations made by Advert Owner on other owner's Adverts in Koparent system
Figure 31: Advert Owner Toolbar - Reservations
When submitting Adverts from Frontend, Advert Owners also have a possibility to assign Date Range Groups to their Adverts and therefore offer different prices for different periods.
Figure 32: Advert Owner Toolbar - Date Range Groups
On this list you can find two types of Date Ranges:
1. Date Range Groups created by site Administrator in Backend, not assigned to any User, and therefore at disposal to all users with permissions to submit Adverts through Frontend
2. Date Range Groups created by specific User, either through Frontend or by assigning a Date Range Group to specific User in Backend Admin.
With this logic, all Frontend Advert Owners can see all un-assigned Date Range Groups and use them in their Adverts if they want, and see their own Date Range Groups. They, however, cannot see Date Ranges created by or assigned to other specific Advert Owner.
Also, every Advert Owner can edit only Date Range Groups assigned to him, but cannot edit default Groups, created in Admin and not assigned to any User.
Creating a New or Editing Date Range Group
To Create a New Date Range Group, click on Date Ranges in your Toolbar and on the button in top right corner – "Add new Date Range Group".
To Edit an existing Date Range Group, click on its name. Groups you have permissions to edit are coloured in red, other ones are grey.
Figure 33: Creating New or Editing existing Date Range Group
• First, you need to Name your Group to be able to SAVE item. Without saving you won't be able to add Date range to the Group.
• After that, you can set Color for this group to appear in Calendar and Overview (left box)
• If you choose Unavailable Dates YES, all Date ranges within this Group will appear Unavailable – this is in case you want to set up which dates throughout the year are unavailable for renting
• After you save Date range group, on the right side you can now Add Date ranges to the Group. You select Start Date (and Time, if enabled) and End Date (and Time, if enabled) and Select the days of the week this period applies to – click to Add Date range.
• Notice that you can add as many Date ranges you want to one group. All this Date ranges will have the same prices (later set up in Advert) and have other same features (same colour, available or not, same name...)
To submit an Advert, click on the button in your Toolbar.
To edit an existing Advert, click on the Edit button in My Account My Adverts section of the Toolbar.
Figure 34: Adding New or Editing an existing Advert from Frontend
Notice that all the tabs in the Frontend are the same when Adding New or Editing an existing Advert in Administration.
Some of the basic rules apply also for adding an Advert from Frontend:
• Choosing the right category (and therefore the right Advert Type) enables your users – Advert Owner's to add specific Additional Contents, Additional Costs and Advert Details to their Advert.
Notice that Front End users do not have permissions to create their own Advert Types and Categories, so you need to prepare them in Administration first.
• They can also enable or disable Reservations for every Advert as well as set the minimum and maximum days available for booking
• They can add Date Range Groups they created or the default ones, from Administration, which are not specifically assigned to any other User
For a description of every option for submitting an Advert, please check a Tutorial for creating Adverts from Backend.
Download Koparent Tutorial PDFs: